According to historians, about one million slaves arrived through the Pier.

Rediscovered under tons of dirt during the reurbanization works of Porto Maravilha, the place was built in 1811 by the command of Marquês de Lavradio, and was the port where the slave ships docked, and then, it was remodeled to receive the Empress Teresa Cristina, fiancée of the future Emperor D. Pedro II, in 1843.

ADDRESS

Avenida Barão de Tefé, 91 - Saúde
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
20220-460

Por perto

Send by email

Sending message...